Select to view content in your preferred language

EB Offline installation

Jump to solution
02-23-2024 11:07 AM
Labels (1)
CliveSwan
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings

I have spent hours trying to install an offline Experience Builder. I followed the steps.

Point 5

npm configure get cache

Point 6/7

I copied the folder to user\Appdata\local

Point 8

npm install --offline

This throws hundreds of warnings.

Then crashes with ERR code ENOTCACHED

I am running an off-line installation, so why is it crashing trying to get:

http://registry.npmjs.org/react

Failed: cached mode is 'only-if-cached' but no cached response available.

I uninstall and reinstalled npm.

Opened a new cmd window. But still can't install /client

I would appreciate a solution to this!

Thanks

Clive

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

We're running into this too on version 1.14. What version of node are you using? Using 18.x fails immediately, trying to reach http://registry.npmjs.org/react. Using 16.x runs with warnings but eventually errors trying to reach the internet. Has anyone got this working?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi @CliveSwan 

I can observe the same thing installing ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition 1.13 offline.

I have found out there is a BUG-000164137 reported. I believe this BUG is reported only internally so probably you cannot see it publicly. Hopefully the v1.14 will have this BUG resolved. v1.14 should come in the end of the March 2024.

Greetings,

Jan

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

We're running into this too on version 1.14. What version of node are you using? Using 18.x fails immediately, trying to reach http://registry.npmjs.org/react. Using 16.x runs with warnings but eventually errors trying to reach the internet. Has anyone got this working?

PriyankaRai
New Contributor

Hi,

We have tried experience builder 1.13 & 1.14 both are having same issue with client installation. It is trying to reach external website but since it is offline package it shouldn’t be doing this. 

Earlier we had done installation of 1.12 version successfully but now it we are trying to do again client installation fails.

Please share if anyone has managed to do installation successfully so far.

we are using node 20.12.2.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

There is a possible workaround which is not approved but it could help.

FW: 'In case it helps we ran into this problem as well and got it working by starting with a clean npm-cache directory and running just "npm install" on a computer with internet access. Then taking the npm-cache directory and using that instead of the one currently available for download,'

0 Kudos
CS_IBM
by
New Contributor III

Hi Jan,
Thanks for the message and advice.

I am doing an Offline EB installation.

I get an error message: npm ERR! code ENOENT

Do I need to uninstall Node + EB, then reinstall Node??

npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path C:\Users\ci000030/package.json
npm ERR! errno -4058
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\ci000030\package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

0 Kudos
wadsonmakari
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am having the same issue described here (running ExB 1.14, Javascript API v4.29, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1, Node 18) and tried the suggestion from @JanSarata . The offline install runs successfully after using the "online npm-cache" instead of the one available for download from the ESRI Experience developer website.

I have now hit another issue where I cannot create an experience. Inspecting the console window shows ExB is trying to get to "https://cdn.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/aa30dd52509a4fea939ccbfc3c3e14de/resources/styles/....

This is strange as this is an offline installation and should not be trying to access an online resource? I wonder if using the "online npm-cache" is the root cause for this? Has anyone used the suggestion from @JanSarata successfully in an offline installation? I would expect my offline installation of experience builder to try and access resources from my ArcGIS Enterprise Portal that I have specify when I launch it.

0 Kudos
JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi @wadsonmakari 

Have you changed the url of jsapi as is stated in the instructions at https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/install-guide/#offline-install ?

Another 'not-approved' approach is to take folders /client/node_modules   and  /server/node_modules  from the successfully installed online instance of Experience Builder DE and just place these folders into appropriate folders at offline environment with Experience Builder. Basically this approach completely skip the process of installation (npm install --offline). Then you can just npm start and it should work.

0 Kudos
CS_IBM
by
New Contributor III

Greetings,
I copied a new node-cache folder.
When I ran npm install --offline.
I got the npm ERR! code ENOTCACHED again??

Does ESRI have a working EB that can be uploaded + work offline??

0 Kudos