Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish feature service to arcgis server fails process timeout

07-12-2016 10:07 AM
CharlesBailey3
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to publish a simple feature service to server for the first time - have one registered (managed) geodatabase in sql express 2012 and several registered folders that have been validated in server manager. First issue: copies data to server every attempt even though the data is in one of the validated registered folders on the server computer. Sharing folder in analyze dialog of the service editor does not fix this. Publish copies data to the gdb but will not create service. First error messages said process timeout after an hour or so, failed to create service. Subsequent attempts failed very quickly with error 001369 which I think is because it is trying to overwrite the data it copied to the server the first time? What to do about this? The server log provides no additional information just a general failure message. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Note: the gdb was created in desktop 10.4.1 and the server version is 10.2.2 - could this cause any problems, and if so how to address that without upgrading server? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JonMorris2
Frequent Contributor

I've had many problems publishing GP Tools to server and never fully got to the bottom of them. Some days the analyser runs really slowly and some days it runs ok. All I can do is try it again and hope it works. I thought it might be to do with the load on the SDE server - if more users are connected, it takes longer - but that might have nothing to do with it.

If it helps, here are some of the issues I had:

Remove results from display before publishing - Arcmap claims data source is different when it isn't

There is a bug at 10.2 where the data store is not used in python scripts - Published GP service is not using data store

Builtin python modules are being copied to the server - Publishing GP service is very slow

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello All,

Recently I have update my ArcGIS server version from 10.4 to 10.4.1.

After installation of ArcGIS server 10.4.1 also installed updated ArcGIS server publishing patch 
https://community.esri.com/thread/181345 

After all installation restarted my server machine and try to publish map service.

Now this time i haven't receive any error and map service publishing is fast as compare to previous version

Please check once to resolve timeout error.

Thanks!

LloydBronn
Frequent Contributor

So is this a bug with version 10.3? How do I upgrade to 10.4?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Llioyd,

You can download updated version of ArcGIS server from my esri portal 
After that you can take back of your server site then execute setfiles it takes 30 to 45 min to install.

no configuration required.

Upgrade ArcGIS Server—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server 

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lloyd,

Apologies for the late reply, I was out on vacation the last couple of weeks.

Did the Server site upgrade resolve your issue?

0 Kudos