Distributed collaboration: limit to number of groups?

Jump to solution
08-24-2021 09:13 AM
Labels (2)
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Geonet, I am looking for clarification on distributed collaborations. I have been reading through the documentation but haven't been able to find an exact answer. I have read about the limit of 10 "partnered"  collaborations but I think this applies to AGOL to AGOL collaborations only. 

I read here "Once the [distributed] collaboration is established, your organization can share content with participating organizations using collaboration groups." which leads me to believe it is a 1:many relationship and that groups are part of a single collaboration.

So with a distributed collaboration between Enterprise 10.8.1 + AGOL, is there a limit to the number of groups? We currently have 2 groups between our Enterprise 10.8.1 + AGOL collaboration and are considering adding a 3rd, but I am not sure if this will put us closer towards any kind of limit.

Thank you

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pheede-esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Brittany,

There's no hardcoded limit in the software that sets an upper bound for the number of workspaces within a single collaboration, nor is there a hard limit to the number of groups that can be part of a workspace.

The only specific limit that distributed collaboration imposes is that an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment can only participate in a single collaboration that includes an ArcGIS Online organization. In other words, an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment can participate in many collaborations, but only one of those collaborations can include an ArcGIS Online organization.

Hope that helps!

-Philip

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

BrittanyBurson_0-1629831669879.png

Found this slide from the "Distributed Collaboration: Sharing Data Across Systems" presentation at the 2020 Dev Summit. So maybe my question is, is there a limit to the number of "Collaboration Workspaces?"

0 Kudos
pheede-esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Brittany,

There's no hardcoded limit in the software that sets an upper bound for the number of workspaces within a single collaboration, nor is there a hard limit to the number of groups that can be part of a workspace.

The only specific limit that distributed collaboration imposes is that an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment can only participate in a single collaboration that includes an ArcGIS Online organization. In other words, an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment can participate in many collaborations, but only one of those collaborations can include an ArcGIS Online organization.

Hope that helps!

-Philip

SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

late post here, but wanted to followup on your old response here. Will ArcGIS Enterprise deployment eventually be able to participate in many collaborations including multiple ArcGIS Online Organizations? I understand that it is still limited to one ArcGIS Online Portal thus far.

Sam

0 Kudos