Basemaps unavailable after upgrading to 11.2

4 weeks ago
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I recently upgraded my ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 to 11.2. It is a single machine deployment. Since the upgrade, our basemaps are unavailable in both Pro and the map viewer in Portal. When clicking on the basemap options we get a screen that says "Basemaps unavailable".

I've checked all of the organization settings - the basemap gallery is set to default, and nothing was changed after the upgrade.

I have a ticket out with Esri. They said to try to re-index the Portal, even though the index counts currently show no issues. I'm going to do this later today, but I'm skeptical it will make a difference. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

12 Replies
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Now that you guys mention it, we got that languages error also.

I upgraded a month ago and have created a lot of content since then. I can't revert back to a snapshot from pre-upgrade. Esri needs to provide a solution for us. 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes I am still working through this issue with support, and as noted above by @StevePoladian, our latest search of the postgres gwdb for 

-c "SELECT username FROM gw_users WHERE username LIKE '%esri%'"

returns 

esri_apps

esri_solutions

esri

esri_livingatlas

esri_demographics

esri_boundaries

Support just suggested that the return for this query should have shown:

"Based on the what languages the user has disabled at Portal Admin, we should not expect the following users to be returned:

• Bulgarian - Български - bg (false)
  • Catalan - Català - ca (false)
  • Hungarian - Magyar - hu (false)
  • Slovak - Slovenčina - sk (false)
  • Slovenian - Slovenščina - sl (false)
  • Ukrainian - Україна - ukr (false)"

Which are the languages portal has disabled by default.  

Perhaps support meant for me to perform a query for languages?  Are languages in fact usernames?  I don't know, but to me this doesn't follow.

I replied to support and we'll see what's next, but they are suggesting that through Portal Admin I disable the English language and then re-enable, with the thought being that by re-enabling the English language that will bring back or re-sync missing or mis-directed content.  I've never done this so I am not going to attempt this just yet - I don't know how Portal will be affected

@ThomasColson 

@ShelbyZelonisRoberson 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I am happy to report that there is a solution to this!  In working with support last night we were able to perform certain queries and updates to certain tables contained in the the portal gwdb, all via the postgres command line interface. 

The updates will remove and then add languages, and upon completion of the workflow, the English language pack is fully available, thus enabling (for us) the Instant Apps template and config pages, as well as restoring Map Viewer Symbol symbol categories.  I cannot speak to a re-gain of the Esri Basemaps content as we did not lose that part first reported here by @ShelbyZelonisRoberson 

I am not able to relay what we did exactly, but anyone affected by this should be able to work with their support analyst now to affect this repair.

Support cannot yet say whether the fix will be included as a patch for 11.2 now or as part of the 11.3 release (or both) - they just don't know yet.

FYI the Instant App issue for the Sidebar app does still exist, where the 'Sidebar' has become a "Footer' and the Filter tool is non-functional, and some other css issues, so looking forward to 11.3 for this fix, @KellyHutchins 

@ThomasColson 

@StevePoladian 

0 Kudos