Is it possible to edit the sign in screen?

03-12-2020 12:36 PM
Mark_Hotz
Occasional Contributor II

I have seen this question online a few times, but the responses (although correct) are not quite what I would like to see happen.  We have had Portal set up and functioning well since 2016, but because of system configuration and some security concerns we have (hopefully temporarily) set up our sign in with credentials page a little differently.

I have set up our Portal to use Windows Authentication, which works really well; however, the stipulation that we currently require is that instead of just using one's User Name and Password we require users to type in or Domain as well as User Name, as per below [for the record, GeoPORT is our internal name for our Portal here at the Port in Prince Rupert :-)]:

However, this also causes a point of grief as I get calls all the time from staff who state that they are unable to log in, and 99% of the time it's because they're not keying in <domain>\ before their User Name.

What I would like to be able to do is add an instruction to the sign in screen that reminds users how to properly sign in to Portal, as per the example below:

Would this be possible to configure in Portal?

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BramantiyoMarjuki
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
Mark_Hotz

Bramantiyo:

Thanks for the feedback...most appreciated.  I did see this discussion (they are basically saying that the answer is "no"...customizing the login screen is not possible).  However, this was also a discussion from August 2017 (almost 3 years ago), so I was sort of hoping that "maybe" this has now changed.  Probably not...but knowing that is good too because it means I won't have to keep chasing something that is not attainable :-).

0 Kudos
BramantiyoMarjuki
New Contributor II

I just try it few hours ago (when I write this message), look at the last part of the discussion, I am using arcgis enterprise 10.7.1 , you can edit the oauth2.js from the portal installation, basically you just need to edit the html text element, and not editing the javascript syntax. 

here is attachment of my portal login page at this moment that I have just edited few hours ago

Mark_Hotz

Bramantiyo:

Thanks for the help with this.  I am now (finally) upgrading our ArcGIS Enterprise (we're currently using 10.6.1) and as soon as I have it up and running I will definitely look for the oauth2.js script and make our changes.  You're the first person I have seen who has had success with this...and there are quite a few people asking this same question :-).

Once done I will get back to this page and let everyone know how it went.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Mark_Hotz

Bramantiyo:

I should have asked you...which segment of the oauth2.js file did you edit?  Can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks

0 Kudos