Unable to create new Spatial ETL tool

Jump to solution
09-21-2022 01:38 PM
ChazArmijo
New Contributor III

Hello, i'm trying to create my first Spatial ETL tool and i'm having trouble with an early step in the documentation. I'm not seeing Spatial ETL Tool as an option. I do have a license checked out. Anything else i'm missing? 

ChazArmijo_0-1663792579655.png

This is what i'm seeing after creating a toolset

ChazArmijo_1-1663792634685.png 

and i'm seeing the same when right clicking a toolbox and selecting new. 

ChazArmijo_2-1663792643142.png
Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Are your Pro and Data Interoperability installations at the same release?  I see an atbx in your project but 2.9 for Data Interoperability.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RenatoSalvaleon3
Esri Contributor

Using Data Interoperability requires installing the product extension too.   Did you install Data Interop? Check with you account manager or my.esri.com if you have download access to ESRI products.

0 Kudos
ChazArmijo
New Contributor III

Yeah, I did install the product extension as well. I'll try restarting my machine since I haven't since installing it.

ChazArmijo_0-1663793831212.png

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Are your Pro and Data Interoperability installations at the same release?  I see an atbx in your project but 2.9 for Data Interoperability.

0 Kudos
ChazArmijo
New Contributor III

it looks like my pro installation is behind my DI installation. I'll see what i can do to align them. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon3
Esri Contributor

To add to Bruce comment.  DI is supported only by TBX tools in 2.9; in 3.0 both TBX and ATBX formats are supported, although you will not be able to create new legacy toolboxes (tbx) anymore in 3.0 but can still use them in your 3.0 projects. A bit of transition with this new format.

0 Kudos
CTardif
New Contributor

So is there a version of the Data Interoperability extension that works with ArcGIS pro 3x?

BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes of course, Data Interop for Pro works, you just have to make sure you install at the same release.

0 Kudos
JonathanDandois
Occasional Contributor

I am on Pro 3.0.3 and my Organization provided the Data Interoperability installer for 3.0, but i get an error in the install. Do I need another version of the Data Interop installer?

JonathanDandois_0-1676050898677.png

Update: I got the 3.0.3 installer from my Org. woot!