Pop-ups not honouring dashboard filters

Jump to solution
05-26-2021 03:02 AM
CharlesHutchinson1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a number of dashboards that contain layers of survey points and extents which are stacked for multiple years. When a year filter is applied (category selector in header pane using integer as year) the pop up for these datasets in the new version of dashboards shows all records rather than those that have been filtered. 

The map filter is working, with only the features for the selected year drawing but the pop-up contains records for all years. This does not happen in Dashboards Classic where only the filtered record is shown in the pop-up.

I've tried changing the filter field to a text value and also reloading all layers from scratch to check no issues casued by recent appends. This behaviour is the same on different organisational accounts for similar datasets.

Is there now somewhere that the pop-up in the dashboard map element needs to be configured to only show visible layers?

Thanks

Charles

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesHutchinson1
New Contributor II

Hi @JamieLambert,

thanks for the reply that's useful to know, no choice but to revert to classic then.

Charles

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @CharlesHutchinson1,

This was a known issue before Dashboards came out of beta - first identified in late July 2020! Not sure why it was released to production with such a significant flaw. It has caused some pain...

Looks like there is BUG-000139152, BUG-000139536, BUG-000138393 (Status: In Product Plan). I can only find BUG-000138393 though.

dashboards-beta-map-widget-shows-popups-for-filtered-features

latest-update-to-arcgis-dashboards-lists-and-selectors-are-not-correctly-filtering-popups 

arcgis-dashboards-beta-category-selector-filters

date-selector-in-dashboard-is-not-filtering-correctly

Jamie.

CharlesHutchinson1
New Contributor II

Hi @JamieLambert,

thanks for the reply that's useful to know, no choice but to revert to classic then.

Charles

ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Wow this is a HUGE issue! I just upgraded our Enterprise to 10.9.1 and now I'm getting complaints about our heavily used dashboards showing all the popups regardless of map filter. It's now February 2022... has anyone heard an update from Esri?? Do I need to re-build my dashboard in Classic? 

GarethBaker1

Just ran into the same issue having upgraded to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 last month.

😞

Think I will probably raise as a support case with ESRI UK as I might get a better idea of likely timescales for resolving (I expect they will say wait for Enterprise 11.0). 

RyanStad
New Contributor II

The new dashboards are pretty much unusable right now if you are using filters and showing popups.  This needs to be fixed ASAP please.

valenj88
New Contributor III

ESRI please respond.

JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

Count me in on the pleading to allow filters to also control the popups.

Wondering if more emphasis is placed on ESRI innovation than solutions to problems with existing capabilities.

awgeezrick
New Contributor III

Very true. Another great example would be for ops dashboard to honour the arcade expressions one builds in a web map. Although they say that Dashboards can use arcade expressions, much like Experience Builder, it's a super limited use (i.e. Formating (styling) for lists, math stuff for indicators). THere just seems to be a huge disconnect between the product and the end users needs. I realize that a product can't do everything for everyone, but, come on. Why wouldn't a user want to be able to use the arcade expressions they so painstakingly created in the web map not be accessible and usable in an ops dashboard, experience builder, etc.

=[

awgeezrick
New Contributor III

YARGH!!!!!! I too have only just discovered this huge flaw!!! If it could be fixed sooner rather than later that would be greatly appreciated. I had high hopes for 10.9.1 and all i have encountered is that while it solved some issues from 10.6.1 it now has it's own unique problems. Not really a fan of the releasing of products that still have flaws are big as this one.

0 Kudos