One of the layers in Dashboard is not filtering

04-20-2021 11:32 AM
MayraHernandez
New Contributor III
Hello, I created a dashboard that includes a date selector. It has several actions that filter the map layers, charts and indicators when a date is selected. I noticed that one of the layers (heat map layer) does not filter when a date is selected. The heat map layer is listed in the Date Selector “Actions” list. I noticed this happened after there was an update to the date selector. 

MayraHernandez_0-1618943094130.png

MayraHernandez_1-1618943493679.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RolandoFernandez
New Contributor III

Hello Mayra,

Do you try including your Date Selector in the filter actions of your Heat Map ?

Best Regards from Venezuela !

0 Kudos
MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hello Rolando from Venezuela, 

Thank you for your response. 

There is no option for a Date Selector in the Heat Map actions filter. 

MayraHernandez_0-1618960008279.png

MayraHernandez_1-1618960042137.png

0 Kudos
RyanStad
New Contributor II

I am noticing the same behavior.  Waiting to hear back from ESRI support.

MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hi @RyanStad, please let me know if they are able to find a solution. 😊

TimothyRudzik
New Contributor III

This worked for us on 10.8.1 but no longer works for us on 10.9.1. I have found that if I change the heat map symbology to a point symbology that the filter works again. But I would rather have the heat map symbology AND be able to filter it. Any updates from ESRI on this issue? Is it a known bug? 

0 Kudos
RyanStad
New Contributor II

Not sure what your setup is but this is working now.  I'm on 10.9.1 using a map service hosted locally with the maps and dashboard published in ArcGIS Online.  Maybe try a new map and dashboard from scratch.

0 Kudos
TimothyRudzik
New Contributor III

We are also on 10.9.1 but our feature layer is hosted on ArcGIS Server and we are using Portal / Dashboards (new). Since you are using Dashboards on ArcGIS Online I am guessing it is a newer version than Dashboard in Portal 10.9.1.

I did do a clean test where I published a new feature service then created a new map in Portal then created a new dashboard referencing the new map. The filter action is available but will not filter a heat map layer. However if I change the layer symbology to anything other than head map then the filter action will work in Dashboard.

0 Kudos