Select to view content in your preferred language

A lot of my serial charts in Dashboards look slightly different today

Jump to solution
06-27-2024 07:35 AM
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Just wondering if there were any updates to the serial chart element in Dashboards in the last couple days?  I'm noticing a lot of small changes in the way my serial charts are being displayed across multiple dashboards.  For example, I had a serial chart that used to be sorted by a statistic, but now that statistic doesn't even show up in the sort drop-down list.  I'm also seeing lots of changes to labels.  For example, instead of a label for every variable level on the category axis, now its only displaying every other level.  In another case, I have guide labels set to render above the chart but they are now rendering below.  Again, this all just changed in the last 1-2 days with no changes to underlying data or anything else I'm aware of.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Stephanie_F
Esri Contributor

Hi Bryan, ArcGIS Dashboards updated last night with ArcGIS Online. Highlights are outlined in their What's New page.

If you are seeing unexpected behavior with your Dashboards, I recommend working with Technical Support to investigate. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Soobin-Choi
Esri Contributor

Hi all, we deployed a fix to improve the display of serial chart labels a few hours ago. Appreciate your feedback and patience! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
LuisBaena1
New Contributor II

In our case we see that in the series graphs in which "Divide by field" is used, they stopped showing data.

Bruno_DiegoCardoso
New Contributor

We are having the same error here in all our applications. This messed up our graphics overall. We can no longer divide the field or sort by statistics anymore. This new update is so bad

0 Kudos
NadinaSchlik
New Contributor

Hi Bruno! Could you provide more information about your issue? When using Split by field the chart shows "cannot access data"?

We are experiencing the same issue as Luis. In our case, it only happens with referenced layers to a 10.8.1 server, not with hosted ones. Thank you!    

0 Kudos
Stephanie_F
Esri Contributor

Hi Bryan, ArcGIS Dashboards updated last night with ArcGIS Online. Highlights are outlined in their What's New page.

If you are seeing unexpected behavior with your Dashboards, I recommend working with Technical Support to investigate. 

0 Kudos
Joel_Lopez
New Contributor III

Ditto. All labels on my serial charts will not display even after several different configuration attempts. They were displaying fine before the update. 

0 Kudos
kstone_ntia
New Contributor II

I am also having this issue with the serial chart labels. 

Esri - if you are able to fix this issue please post here. 

Thanks. 

Soobin-Choi
Esri Contributor

Hi there, I would suggest trying a different category label placement option to see if the rendering improves. 

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 3.26.27 PM.png

If you encounter any issues or have specific requirements, please reach out to Esri Technical Support for assistance.  

0 Kudos
CharlesHutchinson1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

ditto to above, category axis in dashboard charts behaving differently, mainly ticks and labels have become very sparse some charts only 1 label for several years, others labels now taking up half of chart area. 

Also unable to access configuration menu for most maps within dashboards.  

0 Kudos
Soobin-Choi
Esri Contributor

Hi all, we deployed a fix to improve the display of serial chart labels a few hours ago. Appreciate your feedback and patience!