Unable to submit error - 1 or more attributes failed.

Jump to solution
03-20-2020 08:57 AM
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

Created a new feature class and map to use in Collector. The feature editing is already enabled in Portal but can't collect add any new feature in Collector.

Most attributes are coded domain ("Yes" or "No") with a default value of "No"

attribute fail

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

My issue was the script I wrote to create the feature class has a domain value with a default value. Somehow scripting the default value for the domain field was tripping the submission in Collector. The solution was to manually change the default domain value after the script was completed and recreate the map for Collector then everything worked. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar issue also but mine involves a relationship class (1-m) that i'm trying to edit. My main featureclass attributes will submit fine, but when i attempt to submit the related table attributes is when I get the error.

EricMain
New Contributor

I am having this same problem yesterday and today

0 Kudos
CharliePhilbrick1
New Contributor III

Gerald Lee, GISP‌, or Eric Main did either of you find a resolution?

0 Kudos
ChristianBPedersen
Occasional Contributor II

We were experiencing the same error and this occurred also for a 1:M relationship class between a feature set and a table. We found the solution in another related thread, Solved: Error When Submitting Record in Related Table, 'Un... - Esri Community, where the issue was because we had set the relationship class with a GlobalID to GlobalID relationship, instead of GlobalID to GUID. When we changed that it worked.

Christian Brogaard Pedersen
0 Kudos
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

My issue was the script I wrote to create the feature class has a domain value with a default value. Somehow scripting the default value for the domain field was tripping the submission in Collector. The solution was to manually change the default domain value after the script was completed and recreate the map for Collector then everything worked. 

0 Kudos
EvoAndreatti
New Contributor

I found that this error can also be caused when a Collector App uses a Trimble R2 unit for location.  I am not 100% sure of the cause just yet, but I switched out the unit for another that was known to work.  Points submitted just fine once this change was completed.

0 Kudos
JosephGrossman
New Contributor III

Hi Evo,

I am having the same issue with "Collector". I am going though trying to work it out as well. We are using a Trimble R2 Unit with corrections in New York State over NTRIP. We have been getting the same error. I tested various methods. using the R2 with SBAS which did not work either. I generated a test point in ArcGIS online and enabled the GNSS metadata attributes. This point gave us the same error message. I tested in Classic Collector and configured GNSS Status and enable the NMEA output and was successfully able to collect data with no issues. Anyone else have any feedback. 

Thanks Joe

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

If you the map under Try it account, does it work?

If you use integrated receiver with your map, does it work? 

0 Kudos
JosephGrossman
New Contributor III

Hi Miaogeng Zhang. I don't know what a "Try It" Account is. The integrated receiver does work with the map. The R2 is recognized and shows corrections in the map, but when you go to submit it generates the error "Unable to submit error - 1 or more attributes failed."

0 Kudos