04-02-2019 10:14 AM
PatrickFilyer
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone else experienced this? 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
AaronWipf
New Contributor III

Colin Lawrence‌ was this issue ever resolved? I've got a similar situation (error 3018, seems to be caused by editor tracking) but assigning different defaults to my custom editor tracking fields "CREATE_BY" and "MODIFY_BY" did not fix the error.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aaron,

A bug was logged with Support and we are currently investigating the best way to handle this issue. If you would like to be attached to the bug for tracking purposes, please reach out to support and request to be added to BUG-000129003

These problems can arise based on different ways editor tracking fields can be configured. Some may want to configure editor tracking fields in their own ways or using their own pre-configured fields. This can lead to problems and we are trying to sort the best way to handle these problems; whether thats a more helpful error or adjusting to consume them as is. Some examples of potential issues we have seen include: adding default values to editor tracking fields, setting editor tracking fields to be non-nullable, or setting the editable property to be true. These all seem like good ideas on paper but are not how editor tracking fields are designed to be handled. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
AaronWipf
New Contributor III

Hi Colin, I appreciate the clarification! It sounds like the safest bet would be to use the Esri default editor tracking fields on data that will be used with the new Collector, for now at least, correct? That's unfortunately not an option for this data as these editor tracking fields were set up by my national organization and need to stay named as is, but I could likely get away with changing the settings.

It sounds like allowing nulls and removing defaults from our custom editor tracking fields to more closely mimic the Esri editor tracking fields would give us a shot at getting this data working with the new Collector. Do you agree that that's our best bet? If so, I'll give that a go, but sounds like we'll need to wait for the resolution of that bug and stick with Collector Classic for now if that doesn't help.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aaron,

If you cannot use the editor tracking "defaults" you could try to edit your existing fields to mimic what is expected. I cannot say for certain this will work as I haven't had a chance to test this workflow myself. However, if you are comfortable doing this I would say its a worthwhile alternative while you wait for a resolution on our end. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
Eric
by
New Contributor II

Hi Patrick,

I am definitely experiencing this.  I am getting the 3018 error on 3 of my 4 layers.   The layers all have editor tracking turned on, and I am using the default editor tracking fields.   Interestingly, the layers all display fine in Collector, but I am receiving the 3018 errors when I try to use them in Field Maps.  

0 Kudos