Web Cameras, Web Scenes

Jump to solution
06-28-2013 10:34 AM
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi!

I would like to add a web camera into Web Scene, so If I will click on the object I will have an option to see how the place looks in real life (I saw it in one of your online tutorials)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor
Hi Lukasz

I am not familiar with that training, however I think that this was done using attribute values with iframe.

As you probably know when you select objects in CityEngine Web Viewer the object's attributes are displayed in the information pane. When the attribute value contains an string recognized as an iframe, the iframe src is embedded in this pane, instead of only showing the attribute in a table.

More specifically:
* In CityEngine, add an attribute with arbitrary name to the desired webcam shape
* put an iframe string to the attributes value, e.g. <iframe src="http://URL_TO_WEBCAM_FEED"></iframe>

CityEngine Web Viewer will display this attribute with the iframe src embedded into the information pane, once the shape is selected.

is that what you are looking for?

best
Andreas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor
Hi!
(I saw it in one of your online tutorials)

which tutorial are you referring to?
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi

It was actually live training seminar 2 weeks ago

Lukasz
0 Kudos
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor
Hi Lukasz

I am not familiar with that training, however I think that this was done using attribute values with iframe.

As you probably know when you select objects in CityEngine Web Viewer the object's attributes are displayed in the information pane. When the attribute value contains an string recognized as an iframe, the iframe src is embedded in this pane, instead of only showing the attribute in a table.

More specifically:
* In CityEngine, add an attribute with arbitrary name to the desired webcam shape
* put an iframe string to the attributes value, e.g. <iframe src="http://URL_TO_WEBCAM_FEED"></iframe>

CityEngine Web Viewer will display this attribute with the iframe src embedded into the information pane, once the shape is selected.

is that what you are looking for?

best
Andreas
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi Andreas,

That's exactly what I was looking for!!!

Is there any more interesting things to do in CE? I never heard about putting a camera inside the web scene until I saw that online training

Where did you find that out? is there any books articles?

Best!!!!

Lukasz
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Is there any more interesting things to do in CE?

Nah, I think that's it .. Nothing else cool possible .. 😮
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
It must be more, the water is moving 🙂 that's cool

Lukasz
0 Kudos
CarlBester
New Contributor
You can read more about IFRAME attributes in CE here: http://urban-scene.blogspot.com/2013/09/where-to-start.html
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi,

This is exactly where I found my answer 🙂

lukasz
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Cool, Carl !!

m.
0 Kudos