myedeea

Customize address locators in ArcGIS 10

Discussion created by myedeea on Feb 4, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2018 by kerrie.osborne
Hello everyone

I am experiencing some problems with customizing the address locator style in ArcGIS 10. I have to admit that I haven't done any customization before, so this would be my first time. The reason why I need to do this is that the address locator style doesn't match the UK style addresses.

The elements that I tried modifying are:
- Suffix types, Prefix types, Unit types, House numbers and Aliases (all these under the grammar section)
- I have also tried to add unit type, unit number and house name into the mapping schema and reference data styles (Single House Address only)

Before starting the work, I have read the ESRI Geocoding technical paper "Customizing Locators in ArcGIS 10", November 2010 and used it as a guide.

After finishing the modifications, I have copied the .lot.xml .xsd and .xslt files into the Locators folder (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Locators). Then, I tried creating a new address locator using the modified schema. I didn't get too far, as just after I clicked "My Address-Single House", ArcCatalog closed down without any warning or any error report.

I must have done something wrong, but I have no clue what or how I could validate the modified file and see my mistakes.

I have therefore attached the files that I have modified, hoping that there is someone here that could give me a hand with this.

Many thanks in advance

Andreea

Attachments

Outcomes