How can I delete layers within a hosted feature service?

Jump to solution
11-25-2019 04:34 AM
PersefoniKapotas
New Contributor III

I have a Web Feature Layer that is made up of 9 different layers.  I would like to delete 3 of those.  Can I do this without deleting the entire service?  If not, what are my options if I don't want to recreate the web map and web app that reference this service?  I am guessing that I could remove the 3 layers I want from the feature service, then save it under a different name, but then how can I change the data source of my web map to reference this new service?  If this can;t be done either then what?  I have arcgis pro so if my only option is to republish, can someone give me some guidance on how to export the feature service back to arcgis pro so that all the changes i made in arcgis online are carried over?

In the future I plan to publish web layers separately to avoid this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Persefoni Kapotas‌,

Did you see this thread:

Hosted Feature Layer - delete one of the layers within it? 

This question - similar to yours - was posted in January 2016, but the most recent answer (by Joe Catanzarita‌) dates from January 2019.

It involves the use of ArcGIS Online Assistant and Joe gives a step-by-step description on how to remove a single layer from a hosted feature service.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Persefoni Kapotas‌,

Did you see this thread:

Hosted Feature Layer - delete one of the layers within it? 

This question - similar to yours - was posted in January 2016, but the most recent answer (by Joe Catanzarita‌) dates from January 2019.

It involves the use of ArcGIS Online Assistant and Joe gives a step-by-step description on how to remove a single layer from a hosted feature service.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

PersefoniKapotas
New Contributor III

Yay, thank you!  This worked, and not as difficult as it seemed.  

Ross_SV
New Contributor

Hey there, I've tried testing this solution "Capital Project Tracking". Then I decided to delete it. But one Feature Layer (hosted)  "InfrastructureProjects" is not deleted. I have tried the suggested solution. But it did not help. Could there be more solutions to delete it? Thank you! Ross

0 Kudos