ArcPro is returning the incorrect sum of values in a attribute table field

02-06-2019 04:30 PM
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Below is a screen shot of exactly the same raster in ArcPro(left), the table records pasted from ArcPro to Excel (center) and ArcMap 10.5.1 (right). In all 3 I have chosen the [Count] field and have summed the values. Arc Pro returns 715,855,472,492,250 cells. Excel sums the same values from the same records (copied and pasted from Pro to Excel) at 142,628,556. ArcMap 10.5.1 also returns 142,628,556 from exactly the same data set that ArcPro is displaying. The values ArcPro is showing in the table are not the values being summed by the chart tool.  

I have exited the project multiple times and have rebuilt the raster attribute table, restarted the computer and any thing else I can think of to clear any ArcPro application cache. But the result is the same. And note all 3 pieces of software are looking at the SAME table records. But even the Histogram looks different.

This is a data set that I clipped from another larger raster data set in ArcPro. So the most logical explanation is that ArcPro is not referencing the actual attribute table it is displaying for the sum of the values but a cache of the original raster's attribute table(?) Though summing that original raster attribute table's count field gives a completely different answer as well.

This is a very basic operation how can it be off by a factor of 5 million? 

arcpro‌ unintended behavior in arcpro 2.2 arcpro compared to arcmap‌ ArcProLossOfTrust

This is in ArcPro 2.2.4 I am unable to update and test the newer version until our IT Admin returns. 

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

John

This is the type of issue that should be forwarded to tech support. 

This could have a solution or it may represent a fundamental error.

If a result can't be confirmed or trusted, that is a far more important issue than some that pass through this site on a daily basis.

File a support case and follow up on this thread please.

Kory Kramer FYI … potential errors, or omissions issue

AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reminder Dan this was taken up as a bug today #BUG-000120027

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Great John! 

0 Kudos
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Update, I received this automatic e-mail on this issue today.

>>

The status of Esri BUG-000120027 - In ArcGIS Pro 2.3, the incorrect sum of values in the attribute table field is returned for data from a raster dataset. - that you have been associated with has been changed to Implemented.
Public Explanation:                   
Case Number: 02263160                           
Version Fixed: 2.4

If you would like to view additional information about this bug, please login to My Esri https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs and enter BUG-000120027 in Quick Search.

<<