Only Show attribute tables of active Map tab

01-10-2019 07:28 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Is there a way to only show attribute tables for the currently active Map tab?  It becomes very confusing when you have multiple Maps in a project, and you are looking at attribute tables, but not really sure which one is connected to which tab.

See below....When I am on "Map", I only need to see the attribute tables that I have opened for that Map, but all the other attribute tables are showing.  Is there setting somewhere I can set to modify what shows??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristinaLindsay
New Contributor II

I have the same issue.

In ArcGIS Pro I'm trying to find out how to only have attribute tables open for a Map that is currently being viewed.  I'm trying to take advantage of using multiple maps in one ArcGIS Pro project.  In ArcGIS Desktop I created several mxds, but in Pro i combined all these mxds into one .aprx.  These mxds had a layer that was the same name in each one, but each contained different data. For example, there was a layer called "MasterFeatureClass" in each mxd, but the data itself was different.

When I imported these mxds into ArcGIS Pro it made it simpler in the fact that I didn't have to open each mxd.  The problem is that when I open up "MasterFeatureClass" for a particular map that is on display it still stays up when I click onto another map.  It confuses me and I think this is the table for the map that I switched over to.

I tried renaming "MasterFeatureClass" in the Table of Contents to make them unique so I would know which table belongs to which maps.  However, I have a python set up and it didn't like when I renamed the labels.

So now I'm just trying to figure out how to only have the attribute table open for the current map and not any other maps that are in my Pro session.  Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Brian and Christina, 

It isn't currently possible to do what you're suggesting.  The only way that I can think of to close the tables related to a map when you close the map would be to place them in the same tab group.  Then, when you close the map, just close the tab group.  But I can see already that it isn't really a very functional way to view the map and tables associated with the map.  Anyway, just wanted to share that you might play a little bit with views and grouping to see if you can find something that works for you.

So that would make this a very good candidate for the ArcGIS Ideas‌ space, if one of you is interested in submitting an idea.

Thank you.

ChristinaLindsay
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Kory!

I tried what you suggested.  It does help me in the idea of playing around with the different views and groups which is something i didn't think of before.

I will suggest this idea to ArcGIS Ideas.  Thanks for the thought!

Christina

BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Kory.  Yes, that kind of works, but still a bit of a mucky way of dealing with tables/maps.

Christina Lindsay‌, making an ArcGIS Idea out of this is a great idea!

0 Kudos
ChristinaLindsay
New Contributor II

Hi Brian,

I posted this idea there.  Here's the link:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/16553-only-show-attribute-tables-of-active-map-in-arcgis-pro

Please vote on it!  🙂

Christina

0 Kudos