AnsweredAssumed Answered

Authentication problem in Collector when accessing secured services

Question asked by alina.taus on Dec 18, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2018 by nrunyan_EMNRD

I am having an issue with the latest release of Collector for iOS (17.0.3) where users are no longer being prompted to authenticate when accessing secured services (these are hosted on our own ArcGIS Server). We have tried several things to log off the previous user, including switching to a different ArcGIS Online account, restarting the app, even uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Nothing works! Somehow the user credentials are saved. I have contacted ESRI and they have been able to replicate the issue on their end. A bug has been created and my case has been closed for now. I am trying to come up with a workaround as I have several field users who share an iPad and need them to  sign in with their own credentials before conducting an inspection. The only way I could think of to force a user out was to temporary remove their access to the service by modifying their permissions in the Identity Store under ArcGIS Manager.  I'm wondering if anybody has a better way to accomplish this? 

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes