Authentication problem in Collector when accessing secured services

12-18-2017 12:57 PM
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

I am having an issue with the latest release of Collector for iOS (17.0.3) where users are no longer being prompted to authenticate when accessing secured services (these are hosted on our own ArcGIS Server). We have tried several things to log off the previous user, including switching to a different ArcGIS Online account, restarting the app, even uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Nothing works! Somehow the user credentials are saved. I have contacted ESRI and they have been able to replicate the issue on their end. A bug has been created and my case has been closed for now. I am trying to come up with a workaround as I have several field users who share an iPad and need them to  sign in with their own credentials before conducting an inspection. The only way I could think of to force a user out was to temporary remove their access to the service by modifying their permissions in the Identity Store under ArcGIS Manager.  I'm wondering if anybody has a better way to accomplish this? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
26 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you have the trusted server in your ArcGIS Online security settings before you had this login issue?

Configure security settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

ArcGIS Server hosting services secured with token-based security do not need to be added to this list.

0 Kudos
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

I believe so. I don't remember exactly when I added that. I do remember that it was something an ESRI tech had recommended when troubleshooting a different issues I was having.  Just as a test, I removed the server from the Trusted Site and tried to sign in/sign out  but that didn't seem to make a difference.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Removed, then saved the settings? I just want to make sure. Can you remove, uninstall, reinstall, and sign back in?

0 Kudos
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

I have followed your steps and still no luck. Once I sign into with one of our AGOL accounts I can access any of my secured services without being prompted to authenticate. 

0 Kudos
Natalie_Runyan
New Contributor III

This is happening to us also, we're using Portal 10.6, federated GIS Server, Active Directory is our identity store. iOS 11.4.1, latest version of collector

0 Kudos
MikeSnook1
New Contributor II

I am also just seeing this with Collector with Android. I have a feature service being hosted from our external ArcGIS Server instance using LDAP authentication added to our organizational ArcGIS Online account WebMap.  We can access the service fine via javascript app, and the webmap loads fine with authentication using Collector on Windows 10 but not from an Android device.  The login dialog displays but any attempt with the user/pass fails.

Any fixes?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Natalie_Runyan
New Contributor III

FYI, Mike, it sounds like your issue is different from the one in this thread, because you are getting a login prompt. That means your issue is not about a cached login as much as maybe something is not shared correctly. In our case, once, it was the settings in the enterprise geodatabase, not on the services per se.

0 Kudos