Graph/Count Widget for Filtered Features only

09-18-2017 09:23 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I have a bunch of layers which I created filters for to only show the features that were edited within the last month. 

The graphs only have an option to select one layer to represent, I have about 20 layers. How can I add them all into one widget count/graph. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
ChristopherOlsen

Hi Joe,

In the desktop Operations Dashboard views, the limitation is that only one data source can be used. For this data source, it can be shown as features, attributes or feature counts. 

Have you tried using the new Operation Dashboard (beta)? In the serial charts, you can use the new Grouped Values for category, which may cut down on the number of filters you need to get the results.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Chris

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

How do I upgrade to the Beta? 

ChristopherOlsen

You can officially sign up for the beta here, where you have access to documentation, beta user forums, updates, etc. But to begin using the software, you just need to sign into your ArcGIS Online org to get started. The details are outlined here: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2017/08/0... 

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

is this a new download? I dont see an option to download the beta 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The next evolution of Operations Dashboard is completely browser based and it is integrated with ArcGIS Online. There is no need to download anything. Once you sign into your ArcGIS Online account, you can use the app switcher in the top right to launch Operations Dashboard (Beta) among other apps. 

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

the dashboard theme?

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

also the filter widget does not let me use the same schema as the desktop version. I need to apply a filter that uses a date/time field and is within 30 days of current time. This filter widget in the browser does not have that option? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, that is a template that can be used in Web App Builder. This is the app switcher as shown below. Clicking on "Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS" will launch the app and allow you to browse existing dashboards and create dashboards.

App Switcher to Launch Operations Dashboard

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

OK cool I got it. The filters are raising errors "Missing translation: errors.Error: Error performing query operation"

field: Last_edited_date is within last 30 days. 

this same exact query works in the desktop version. 

0 Kudos