Addresses are matching but no points are being created in the output layer. What am I doing wrong?
I've attached the locator used for the geocoding.
Does the layer appear in your table of contents? If so, can you right-click and zoom to the layer?
The output layer is appearing in the table of contents and it's zoomed on its extent. No points are being created, but the table is populated.
I might be mistaken but it seems your coordinates are not valid. When I use the addresses in your screen shot, the coordinates I am finding online using nad83 do not match to any location. Do you have a small set of sample data?
I've attached some sample data. I was wondering why the coordinates were being outputted in that format as well.
I geocoded using your address locator and the sample data and ended up with points on the map.
I used 'FullAddr' for the 'Street' and 'Community' for the 'City'.
Hmmmm, that's how I've been doing it. I'm going to try it on another machine and see if it works
I just realized you used a single line input instead of 'multiple fields'. Try it with the multiple fields option selected.
When using the Find tool, it matches the address and zooms to the correct location on the map. It's just not adding a physical point when you geocode the address.
Ok, I've found out that this only works when outputting it as a shapefile. I was trying to output it as a feature class and that seems to be the issue. Thanks for your help Tiffany Selvidge!
Retrieving data ...