Geocoding a table of addresses

06-15-2017 10:46 AM
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

Addresses are matching but no points are being created in the output layer. What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
10 Replies
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

I've attached the locator used for the geocoding.

TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

Does the layer appear in your table of contents? If so, can you right-click and zoom to the layer?

0 Kudos
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

The output layer is appearing in the table of contents and it's zoomed on its extent.  No points are being created, but the table is populated.

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

I might be mistaken but it seems your coordinates are not valid. When I use the addresses in your screen shot, the coordinates I am finding online using nad83  do not match to any location. Do you have a small set of sample data?

0 Kudos
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

I've attached some sample data. I was wondering why the coordinates were being outputted in that format as well. 

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

I geocoded using your address locator and the sample data and ended up with points on the map.

I used 'FullAddr' for the 'Street' and 'Community' for the 'City'.

PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

Hmmmm, that's how I've been doing it. I'm going to try it on another machine and see if it works

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

I just realized you used a single line input instead of 'multiple fields'. Try it with the multiple fields option selected.

0 Kudos
PatrickCorley
New Contributor II

When using the Find tool, it matches the address and zooms to the correct location on the map. It's just not adding a physical point when you geocode the address.

0 Kudos