Is there a better geocoder available for the Web Appbuilder search widget?

06-20-2016 10:06 AM
BPGMapping
New Contributor

Hello,

One of the most common complaints I hear from my team/clients is that the address search in Web Appbuilder is not as accurate as Google Maps or Bing Maps. Searching an address puts the point on the street, rather than showing a more precise location.

Is there a better geocodre available? I see in the settings where you can set the Geocoder URL. Has anybody found a better REST service than the ESRI World Geocode Server?

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robert,

If you need something more accurate then your best option is to add your own geocoding service like most of us do. If you do not have your own then you are stuck with what you have.

BPGMapping
New Contributor

Robert,

Thank you for the reply! I have been looking into creating an address locator this morning, is it a difficult process?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robert,

Not really hard at all as long as you have the data to support it. I have address point data for every structure in my county so my composite locator starts with point address data and then if a match is not found in that locator then the composite switches to the parcel polygon locator and then the Street centerline locator last.

0 Kudos