AnsweredAssumed Answered

moving polygon layer to new locations

Question asked by etylerNwwsd on Jun 23, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 by dlee-esristaff

So. We have multiple different polygon layers that were either digitized or copied to our parcel layer, which we receive from our auditors office. The polygon layers are our water and sewer tap records, and easements. These layers are linked to pdf documents that our employees access frequently. The issue is that a couple years back our Auditors office did a parcel fabric which moved/shifted the geometry / location of the parcels that our tap records and easements were originally digitized or copied to. So, now all our tap records and easements are not lined up on their respected parcel anymore. they are way off. I guess my question is, is there a geoprocessing tool or script that I can run that will allow me to move our tap and easement records back to their respected parcel. We have about 15,000 tap records that need to be corrected. So I do not want to have to go to each parcel and manually move the existing record back on top of their respected parcel. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Outcomes