Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
GilbertoMatos
Occasional Contributor II

Hello!

Robert, does not the Search widget need a configured buffer service? Does it create the buffer directly in the added layers one by one?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gilberto,

The widget uses the configured Geometry Service in WAB. A buffer layer is added to the map as a Graphics layer or an operational layer depending on the configuration.

ChadRicks
New Contributor III

Robert,

Do you have or do you know of a buffer widget for WAB?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

The eSearch does buffering. But a widget that just places a buffer graphic on the map, no there is not one.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Chad. I modified the edraw widget so when you right-click on a drawn line or point you get to choose out of a list of layers to query in within the  user selected buffer distance from the drawn line/point. The results of the buffer are shown in the AT. Is that what you're looking for?

0 Kudos
ChadRicks
New Contributor III

I really just was wanting to buffer a point like in the flex buffer widget http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a950162cd17a4acc985132d40adfe38f 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

Even in Flex when I built that widget based on user requests I never understood why... Why do people just wan t a buffer graphic added to the map that does nothing. So that is why the eSearch can buffer and actually do something with the buffer like select intersecting features.

0 Kudos
ChadRicks
New Contributor III

I've used the buffer point tool in flex several times. When there was an incident and I had to display the incident location and a protective action of a 10 miles radius buffer around that point. Yes it didn't do anything or select anything but it displayed the protective action buffer instantaneously for everyone viewing the web app on the smart board. I could use the drawing tool and draw a circle and slowly drag out the circle until r=10 miles but at ten miles out my mouse isn't exactly on the point and there is some error involved. For me the buffer tool was useful just typing in the number after making a point.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert it's very popular in emergency management circles. Or for quick off the cuff "project X" illustrative purposes. Users here are really leveraging it. I have many users that enjoy your eSearch to do just this, draw a buffer. And so on behalf of them thank you.  I have a dummy layer in the list specifically so users can select it and draw a buffer without selecting anything. Only for graphical viewing purposes.

0 Kudos
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Morning Robert,

I've asked this question in a variety of locations and to a number of different groups so please forgive the duplication. 

I'm trying to have the Summarise Widget honour the Time Slider widget. 

If you set the time slider widget to a set time and open the summarize widget the time slider gets turned off. I want to have the time layer stay on and the summarize widget summarise on the current set "Time Frame". It does not it summarizes the entire data layer. 

The Attribute table widget performs in the same way, returning the entire data set and not just the data in the "Time Window". 

How can I change the Summarise Widget to honour the time slider widget ? I've contacted ESRI about this and they are looking into it. But that could take some time to resolve. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards. 

Jeremy. 

0 Kudos