"Hey! T3G GIS Club, anyone?"

08-14-2019 06:35 PM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

I was talking with a T3G alum the other day, and this alum needed to learn an important, powerful, very fast trick. It got us thinking -- it may be time for a T3G GIS Club! A place where people can go in "un-conference" style, to take advantage of our shared expertise, maybe an hour a month, maybe an hour a week for those with burning questions or awesome answers. Maybe it's on an irregular schedule, during the day, or on a weekend, when someone wants to solve a puzzle ... their own, or someone else's. But, hey, this should be YOUR club ... what are YOUR ideas?

REPLY DOWN BELOW!

P.S. After the first three entries, I need to add "Please DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAS AND DESIRES, since I offered only unicorns, unlimited wifi, and cosmic mind-reading, for which 'Sure' isn't enough. Realistically, what do you seek, and what are you willing to make happen?"

4 Replies
MichaelJabot
New Contributor III

I think it is a great idea!!!

Sign me up

Mike

0 Kudos
JimHanson
New Contributor III

Count me in as well. 

Jim Hanson

0 Kudos
AnitaPalmer1
Occasional Contributor

You got my attention!

0 Kudos
LauraBowden
Esri Contributor

Looks as if there is some interest. Would love to hear your ideas about details. What form would it take? Would there be one convener, or would the group pass the baton to a new convener each time, or perhaps each quarter? What are some initial ideas for topics or challenges that you would like to share or seek help with? 

Laura Bowden
0 Kudos