Address Data Management - Only Owner Can Update RoadNameIndex domain

Jump to solution
04-27-2020 06:55 AM
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

Using the new Address Data Management solution, the process for adding streets involves running a python script that imports the Full Road Names from the Master Road Name table into the RoadNameIndex domain.  In an enterprise geodatabase, it seems that only the owner of the domain can update it.  We've got a multi-user editing environment where multiple users will need to update the domain when adding streets.

Is there a way that each of our editors can update the RoadNameIndex domain using their own accounts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately this looks to be an oversight on our part in this Solution. I have logged an issue in our backlog to re-evaluate this aspect of the solution. This functionality isn't a requirement to make everything else work, so as a workaround for now you could just remove the domain on the roads and site addresses. You will just have to type in the road name when you create a new road, creating new site addresses should still pull the road name from the intersecting road.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That is a very good question; domains in an enterprise gdb (SDE) have always had that restriction.  I haven't yet moved my address data management proof of concept out of the fdgd environment so haven't yet encountered this yet.

Perhaps Chris Fox‌  can chime in.

That should just about do it....
JoshSaad1

I tried updating my map to have the Master Road Names table connect to the database using the account that owns the RoadNameIndex domain, but now I'm getting schema locks when trying to update the domain.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately this looks to be an oversight on our part in this Solution. I have logged an issue in our backlog to re-evaluate this aspect of the solution. This functionality isn't a requirement to make everything else work, so as a workaround for now you could just remove the domain on the roads and site addresses. You will just have to type in the road name when you create a new road, creating new site addresses should still pull the road name from the intersecting road.

JoshSaad1

Thanks, I'll try that out.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Josh Saad‌ Take a look at : https://community.esri.com/message/933162-re-arcade-create-an-array-of-field-values?commentID=933162... .  Xander Bakker provides me with a great Arcade Primer and Chris Fox provides what appears to be a solution for the domains issue.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@JoshSaad1, We just released version 2.0 of the Address Data Management solution which includes several new features. We also addressed this issue by moving from a domain to a constraint rule on the roads and site addresses. As a result, updating the Master Road Names table no longer requires a schema change to update the domain. The constraint rule configured on the roads and addresses enforces that a road name entered must be defined in the Master Road Names table.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/introduction-to-address-data-management.... 

JoshSaad1

Thanks so much.  I look forward to testing this out.

0 Kudos