Select to view content in your preferred language

Help my ArcScene popups on mobile are stuck in the corner

Jump to solution
10-26-2023 03:38 PM
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

Hi everyone. Has anyone had any issues with pop-up display on a mobile Scene lately? Recently it was working perfectly but now the pop-up frame is stuck in the top-left of the mobile screen and data can't be seen and the pop-up can't be repositioned. Has anyone experienced this? On a regular browser it works fine. 

I thought it was because I added pictures to the popups but found that wasn't the cause. Then I tried turing off the Instant App interactivity options one by one. I think they might be conflicting or my layers are messed up somehow. It all worked great all last year. For example, I turned off Elevation Profile , republished, and the popups were working as needed - nice and centered and showing perfectly. I left and came back and the issue has reappeared. Any ideas what might be going on? I don't think it is the recent update. Thank you so much for anything you might have.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

@BrettGovernanti1 this is due to a bug in the app where it was disabling sharing on mobile but still displaying the share button and trying to render the component that did not exist. 

I have a fix for this that will go out in a patch later this week. In the meantime if you disable sharing the popups in your app should work again. You can reenable sharing on Thursday once the underlying issue has been resolved. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
GianlucaMiele1
Esri Contributor

Hello @BrettGovernanti1 - Could you share a screenshot or a repro app/scene regarding your issue with displaying popups? Is your app based on Instant Apps?

Gianluca Miele | Senior Product Engineer Web 3D
Esri
0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

HI @GianlucaMiele1, yes of course. Here is a screenshot of the app as accessed on a mobile device from the public site https://www.hogadon.net/hogadon_trail_map . Works as expected on desktops and tablets. The app is created from a scene which is housed inside an Instant App. The screenshot shows the Instant App embedded in a website showing features of our local skiing area. The popup issue appears when the app is accessed from a mobile phone using the website embed or from the direct link here Hogadon Basin Ski Area (2023 - 2024) (arcgis.com).

Screenshot_20231027-052754.png

0 Kudos
GianlucaMiele1
Esri Contributor

And you're seeing this since updating to 4.28?

Gianluca Miele | Senior Product Engineer Web 3D
Esri
0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

Yes 

<link id="esri-stylesheet" rel="stylesheet" href="https://js.arcgis.com/4.28/esri/themes/light/main.css">

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

@GianlucaMiele1, any chance my issue could be that interactivity elements in the Instant App are causing this issue? I noticed that popups on mobile worked as expected when I turned off a couple of interactivity tools, but then the issue returned so it doesn't appear to be the explanation. I'm just spitballing at this point.

Brett

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

And here is a shot of the same view from a laptop.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

@BrettGovernanti1 this is due to a bug in the app where it was disabling sharing on mobile but still displaying the share button and trying to render the component that did not exist. 

I have a fix for this that will go out in a patch later this week. In the meantime if you disable sharing the popups in your app should work again. You can reenable sharing on Thursday once the underlying issue has been resolved. 

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

Hi @KellyHutchins , this is great news thank you. I can't wait to try! 

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

Hi @KellyHutchins, @GianlucaMiele1, even though the Elevation profile units and Z-value display units are not honoring the settings made for imperial or feet units in the Instant App configurator (but are displaying as expected on desktop), the popups are displaying nicely! I call that a win. Thank you! 

0 Kudos