Select to view content in your preferred language

Help my ArcScene popups on mobile are stuck in the corner

Jump to solution
10-26-2023 03:38 PM
BrettGovernanti1
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone. Has anyone had any issues with pop-up display on a mobile Scene lately? Recently it was working perfectly but now the pop-up frame is stuck in the top-left of the mobile screen and data can't be seen and the pop-up can't be repositioned. Has anyone experienced this? On a regular browser it works fine. 

I thought it was because I added pictures to the popups but found that wasn't the cause. Then I tried turing off the Instant App interactivity options one by one. I think they might be conflicting or my layers are messed up somehow. It all worked great all last year. For example, I turned off Elevation Profile , republished, and the popups were working as needed - nice and centered and showing perfectly. I left and came back and the issue has reappeared. Any ideas what might be going on? I don't think it is the recent update. Thank you so much for anything you might have.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

@BrettGovernanti1  can you tell me a bit more about the units issue you aer seeing? I tested and it looks ok in the app. Are you saying it doesn't work w/in the configuration experience but does when you launch the published app?

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
Occasional Contributor

@KellyHutchins, sure, if I get on a mobile device and tap one of the ski trails to get the popup to appear, then choose the Elevation Profile tool -- the Elevation Profile appears but it shows in Meters. I've configured the view in Scene Viewer to display feet by trying both Imperial and Feet, Saved, then went to the Instant App configurator and republished but the Meters still show on the mobile app. On the same app on desktop the Feet units are shown. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I tested with this app on both desktop and mobile and both rendered with the units I configured when creating the app.  During the app creation/configuration experience did you set units when enabling the elevation profile tool?

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 2.53.02 PM.png

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for looking. Yes, I set those values during app creation, that's why this has me confused. It shows feet on my desktop computer in elevation profile but it shows meters on mobile devices phone and tablet. I even tried a different browser on my phone and same result. Weird huh?

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
Occasional Contributor

The value for units was set. I just republished to see again and dumped cache and forced closed mobile browsers to reload nice and fresh. Same result thought, when I access the site and tap a ski trail and elevation profile, meters are shown for units.  ElevationProfileShouldBeInFeet.png

0 Kudos
BrettGovernanti1
Occasional Contributor

And here is my mobile screen for the same app, showing Meters in the Elevation Profile for the selected trail, circled in blue. The resolution isn't great on the screen capture so you may have to zoom in to see the units.

ElevationProfileIsShowingMetersThough.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Strange. I just tested what I think is your app on my phone (IPhone13) using Safari and it displayed imperial units for me. I'll ask some co-workers to test and see if I can find a phone that repros the issue. 

0 Kudos