Select to view content in your preferred language

Artifacts in scene layer

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
Labels (2)
ShannonApgar-Kurtz
New Contributor II

In the last two weeks, artifacts have appeared in imagery (see below) when I view it in scene viewer. This doesn't happen when I open the same data as a scene layer package in ArcGIS Pro. Has anyone else had this same issue?

Scene Layer Imagery Issue.PNG

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor

Update: we can now reproduce the broken drawing as seen in the screenshot, and are looking into it.

0 Kudos
ShannonApgar-Kurtz
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update and yes, I marked it solved by accident. 

0 Kudos
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor

We identified the problem of the broken drawing shown in the screenshot (the funky colorful triangles) when applying &disableFeatures=im-shading

• SceneLayers (which includes Integrated Mesh Layer) are cached in the browser's indexedDB for performance reasons
  • a slightly different version of  integrated mesh data gets cached when the url parameter  &disableFeatures=im-shading is set
  • loading a non-matching version from the indexedDB cache causes the broken rendering

The fix/workaround: when switching between im-shading disabled and enabled using the url parameter, the browser's indexedDB cache must manually be deleted

Clear SceneLayer indexedDB in Chrome (similar in other browsers):

• open developer tools
  • navigate to Application tab
  • under Storage / IndexedDB, select esri-scenelayer-cache
  • click Delete database

AndreasUlmer_0-1723643266376.png

Apologies for the inconvenience on this, we hope this workaround is sufficient for you for the moment. 
And as stated earlier, we are revisiting this behavior for the upcoming 4.31 release.

-----

I marked it solved by accident. 

FYI, I marked it as unsolved again for now.

ShannonApgar-Kurtz
New Contributor II

Thank you for providing this workaround, the artifacts are gone from my scene layer. I look forward to the 4.31 release. 

0 Kudos