Pyhton process not terminating after running script

09-24-2020 03:34 AM
ChrisWalsh
New Contributor

I've been having some issues recently with an arcpy script that we have been using to automate the publishing of map services to each of our Arc Server environments. We've been using this script on a regular basis for the last 4 years  and up until the last few weeks the script has been working fine and the python process terminates without issue. We are using ArcServer 10.6 and will soon be upgrading to 10.8. The script is run on the arcgis server machine using powershell and uses the 64 bit verison of Arcpy installed by the ArcServer install.

I've done a search for anyone having a similar issue and came across this post which sounds exactly like the issue I'm having trouble identifying what is causing the issue given that the script has been working for a while. Debugging the script I've noticed it only happens when performing any actions with an mxd after opening it. I created a basic script that just opens an mxd, saves it again, then deletes the mxd object which causes the python process to not terminate. The mxd had 2 layers pointed to data hosted on an Oracle Database. A comment in the linked post mentioned supported workspaces, is there a way I can find out what workspaces are supported by both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of arcpy?

0 Kudos
0 Replies