AttributeError: ToolValidator object has no attribute 'isLicensed' message?

Jump to solution
07-31-2019 09:31 AM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I have a model created in ArcGIS Pro that I'm trying to run with a python script. The model runs fine in Pro but when I run it as a script i get the message in the title above. What does this mean? I have an advanced license, so all tools should be good to go. 

I've used the python/model method several times before and haven't had this issue.

Thanks,

Michael

Tags (2)
24 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Joe,

No, I don't see it assigned to a milestone yet.  Have you subscribed to it at that link you included? BUG-000124286: Executing the script for the ExcelToTable function f.. 

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Subscribed....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MichaelAndres
New Contributor II

fyi... this error also appears while using the "AddGeometryAttributes_management" GP tool

corinnebowers
New Contributor

Same with the CalculateGeometryAttributes tool.

TheaYoungs2
New Contributor

This is also occurring with the GeneratePointsAlongLine tool.

BobPool1
New Contributor II

This bug appears to be occurring on many tools.  Especially the newer ones that use the parallel processing. 

I noticed that Esri updated the bug report to say this "medium" bug will not be fixed at until 2.4.6.   It looks like an extended wait until these tools are usable in Python.

So far I have been able to work around all of the broken commands by using the older versions of the tools.  It is too bad because these new commands are much faster and more functional. 

More cool, but broken tools:

arcpy.DissolveBoundaries_gapro

arcpy.OverlayLayers_gapro

0 Kudos
OleJorgensen
New Contributor

Same with arcpy.gapro.ClipLayer.

0 Kudos
DelaereMickael
Occasional Contributor II

Same problem with  : arcpy.management.CalculateGeometryAttributes

AttributeError: 'ToolValidator' object has no attribute 'isLicensed'
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hey Kory Kramer‌ - I'm using Pro 2.5 and found that arcpy.BatchBuildPyramids_management() tosses the error as well.  I subscribed to the bug and don't recall seeing any updates; I guess it's on going?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Right now it appears to be fixed in Pro 2.6 (next version).  I'm not sure if it is feasible to be included in a patch, but am checking on that.

0 Kudos