AttributeError: ToolValidator object has no attribute 'isLicensed' message?

Jump to solution
07-31-2019 09:31 AM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I have a model created in ArcGIS Pro that I'm trying to run with a python script. The model runs fine in Pro but when I run it as a script i get the message in the title above. What does this mean? I have an advanced license, so all tools should be good to go. 

I've used the python/model method several times before and haven't had this issue.

Thanks,

Michael

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
24 Replies
HaydenHinton
New Contributor II

I have the same issue.

However, I am not trying run a model converted to python, rather, I am writing a script in Jupyter Notebook. Likewise, I have an advanced license.

All I have in the script so far is:

Import arcpy

arcpy.ExcelToTable_conversion(...

I am noticing that even though I get an error after running arcpy.ExcelToTable_conversion, it still completes the task can create an output.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hello Hayden-  were you able to get a solution to this? I am experiencing the exact same issue in a script I wrote prior to upgrading to Pro 2.4.  Today is the first time I've gone back to the project, and I get:

AttributeError: 'ToolValidator' object has no attribute 'isLicensed'

In my case I am executing the script as a standalone in python; the first function in the script uses arcpy.ExcelToTable_conversion

Kory Kramer

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Looks like this was logged as a bug recently: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyNDI4Ng==

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

So....  just ignore the warning for now and carry on?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Yes, given that there is no license requirement for the tool (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/conversion/table-to-excel.htm#L_) just ignore and move on.  I've pinged the gp team to make sure they can take a look at this recently reported issue.  I apologize you're running into it, but looks like it isn't major...

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

No big problem; I'm good so long as it runs and doesn't bail out. Just caught my attention this morning...

0 Kudos
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

Good deal. Glad to know my script is working correctly. Thanks!

KostasAlexandridis
New Contributor

I got the same message, and my script is failing when trying to run a Jupiter Notebook for 

arcpy.gapro.FindPointClusters(fclyr, fcout, 'DBSCAN', 2, '20 Feet')

It works fine when running it through the python window in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Kory Kramer‌ : has there been any movement on BUG-000124286 ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos