The ...py... links

05-08-2016 05:08 PM
Labels (1)
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
18 6 10.6K

Newest Blog posts and Updates 

2019-02-27 Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop   Issues addressed list

2019-01-25 Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.3—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop Issues addressed list

2019-01-14  What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.3—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop  lots to read!!!

2019-01-14 Numpy 1.16 released  Last release supporting python 2.x, but only until 2020

2018-12-02  Spyder 3.3.2 has been released, use your conda update skills  https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000019162      New...  

2018-09-28  Technical article on the ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2 rollback      New...  

ArcGIS Pro patch 2.2.2 …. Roll it back due to bug...   New...  

2018-09-27  Matplotlib 3.0 is released...   New...  

2018-09-19   Working-with-packages-and-environments-in-Spyder  New...  

A fantastic article on using one Spyder IDE installation for multiple environments

2018-09-19 Matplotlib 3.0 released New...

2018-08-30  Spyder... install once, use in multiple environments New... 2018-08-30

2018-08-16 Install Spyder, Jupyter console and Jupyter notebook for ArcGIS Pro by default  lets get on this one

2018-06-28 Python 3.7 official release   you really have to read about all the changes and additions

2018-06-26 ArcGIS PRO 2.2 released  extensive changes, additions and updates

2018-05-31  Beyond NumPy Arrays...  for those that haven't got there yet... just an FYI

2018-05-31 Threads and other cool stuff  for measurement, not sewing

.....  See the categories below for older posts

The Bug List and Change logs

Product information, main link including: Release notes, generic link to version fixes

ArcMap main link  http://support.esri.com/Downloads

ArcGIS ...:      :.10.6 issues addressed  :10.5.1 issues addressed  :.10.5.1 changes...  :. version 10.5 fixes... 

:. version 10.4.1 fixes   version 10.4 fixes...  

ArcGIS Pro... :.  ArcGIS Pro 2.2 ... issues addressed...  :. 

ArcGIS Python API  :.. ArcGIS API for Python.. V1.2  New

Numpy ...:      :.  all versions  latest version 1.15   New

Python ...:      :. from 3.7 back  updated with  New

SciPy   ...:      :. release notes all versions 

MatPlotLib...: :. :.  version 2.1 release, version 2 release

Pandas......    :. version 0.20 release

To be updated as I see fit.  I have posted a number of blog posts and documents and list them in reverse order.

They are categorized as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My toolboxes on ArcScripts 2.0 Beta  Link...

-------- Analysis:

-------- Scripting and associated activities:

-------- Raster and array analysis:

-------- Graphing, Data and Statistics:

-------- Esoterica:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------- Documentation...

ArcGIS Pro Essential Workflows     ArcGIS Pro Essential Workflows - updated 

Python 2 and 3 key differences       key differences link

Main documentation page                Documentation | ArcGIS for Desktop

Arcpy and geoprocessing                What is geoprocessing?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

A good source of code examples    http://stackoverflow.com/

Esri at GitHub                                    Esri GitHub ...

Python home page for all versions   Welcome to Python.org

NumPy/SciPy documentation          NumPy — Numpy

Python for iThingy's                          Pythonista    comes with matplotlib, numpy and loads more

Advanced Python notes                    Python Scientific Lecture Notes — Scipy lecture notes

Matplotlib the graphing package       matplotlib: python plotting — Matplotlib 1.4.3 documentation

PythonPedia                                      https://pythonpedia.com/

Awesome Python                              http://awesome-python.com/

ArcGIS Pro, SciPy, Python...            Python en ArcGIS Pro - CCU2015.pdf

SciPy Lecture Notes                          Scipy Lecture Notes

How to make mistakes in python    How to make mistakes in Python... a useful link

--------

6 Comments
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

HI Dan, great resources, thanks for sharing!

It seems that the blogpost https://community.esri.com/groups/dan-patterson-test/blog/2016/01/01/circular-mean-for-directional-d... is not open for public access.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Xander, I will fix it and update the link.

Had to repost. The link in the above listing has been corrected.

The new direct link is Circular mean for directional data

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yep, it's working now. Thanx!

SimonKettle
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Dan, This is a great resource! Thanks for all your efforts!!!

Cheers,

Simon

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan, just noticed this tool when looking thru the help for something else.  You should add it to you links re: Desktop to Pro help, if it isn't there already.  I have not tested yet but looks promising.

Analyze Tools For Pro—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   10.3

Analyze Tools For Pro—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   10.4

Summary

Analyzes Python scripts and custom geoprocessing tools and toolboxes for functionality that is not supported in ArcGIS Pro.

There are differences between ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS 10.x that may mean changes to some custom tools and scripts so they run successfully in ArcGIS Pro. These changes include geoprocessing tools and environments that are not supported in ArcGIS Pro, the replacement of the arcpy.mapping module with the arcpy.mp module, unsupported data formats (such as a personal geodatabase), and an upgrade to Python 3.4 from Python 2.7.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Rebecca, I will have a look for sure, especially to see how the checks for python 3.4+ went.

About the Author
Retired Geomatics Instructor at Carleton University. I am a forum MVP and Moderator. Current interests focus on python-based integration in GIS. See... Py... blog, my GeoNet blog...
Labels