My Esri now has enhanced guided help!

07-22-2020 06:25 PM
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor
1 0 842

All,

With the My Esri self-service application continuing to add functionality to suit the needs of users, it has been recognized through your feedback that navigating can be at times difficult. To aid in this, we have added a new localized help center experience that contains a series of guided assistance that focuses on onboarding new users as well as key workflows in My Esri.

When you first log in, you will be greeted with the option to do a quick overview of My Esri and will notice the new help tab on your browser.

Through the introductory tour, you will click through the dashboard, new help center, profile, and organization areas of My Esri.

Once completed, you will be congratulated for taking the tour and the help center will update and indicate that you participated in the introductory onboarding.

After the tour, you will see sections in the help that contain available guidance workflows in primary areas of My Esri (Licensing, User Management, Downloads, Common Questions). Understanding that each user in My Esri may have different responsibilities, the help center only shows workflows based on your level of permission. Future updates of the help center will have additional guidance workflows such as Developer Subscriptions, and Support. 

In closing, the My Esri team’s overall mission is always towards developing a seamless self-service experience for users. Knowing that our evolving software and expanding capabilities can have an impact on this goal, the expectation is that adding this new guidance tool will help make it easier for you to use My Esri to its fullest potential. Please continue to let us know your feedback through the My Esri Survey and the My Esri Geonet space.

Thanks,

Josh Beaton

My Esri Product Owner

About the Author
I am orginally from Ottawa Ontario Canada and have lived in the US for about 18 years (Philadelphia and California). I currently live in Redlands and work as a Customer Experience Program Manager for Esri.