Select to view content in your preferred language

Manual input in model builder?

08-22-2016 08:57 AM
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

Hi there! 

I'm trying to build a very simple model in where I can type 4 digits and then show the layer with only the points that match the query. 

The workflow would be something like this: (drawn in powerpoint)

then on a Layout, I need to change the test to reflect the store number in the title. 

Any ideas on how to build it?

The rationale behind this is that I need to export Layout 150 times with twice as many layers...
Running an itereator is not feasible as I need to adjust the vivibility (extent and map scale) and export the layout after this is run...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the P would mark the spot as a model parameter

HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

thanks Dan,

Ok That's a great first step, thanks!

so I managed to select the exact polygon I'm interested in using Select Layer By Attribute 

How can I make it the only displayed polygon(s) according to my query? as if I were using a query... 

Then the interesting part will be toggling another layer visibility based on its name... 

0 Kudos
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

PS. were you the Dan who joined the call earlier today?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

haha yes... just got off-line I thought that name was familiar

0 Kudos
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

well, nice to briefly meet you over the phone!  and thanks for all your help!

HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

as Definition Query  is not a tool, I'm unable to add it to the model... any other ways to draw only selected features?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Short of making a separate layer (which could reside in-memory) I can't think of anything if definition query isn't available ...  in modelbuilder ... but I haven't had a look through the whole link yet.

0 Kudos
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

Ok... I'll give it a try. How can I create a layer to reside in memory? (I understand this would create a temporary layer without creating a separate file?)

I don't want to die with another 300 layers...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

In memory for PRO is in the link... effectively just a workspace that is temporary unless the results are saved.