Exporting data from model builder

Jump to solution
08-22-2016 11:33 AM
CameronCole1
New Contributor III

I have a slightly different problem from all of the other threads on this so here it goes.

When I create a join between a .dbf file and a feature class then right click and export the data to a new feature class it gives me the option to only export the features that had a join associated with it.

How I do that in model builder? I tried copy features and that didn't quite seem to have what I wanted.

All I want is a new feature class with the old data and the joined data. I don't want the features that didn't receive a join.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

I think you should be able to solve this problem by using the "Keep All Target Features" checkbox in the "Add Join" tool. uncheck the box so that only matching features are kept, then export.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BenjaminMittler

I think you should be able to solve this problem by using the "Keep All Target Features" checkbox in the "Add Join" tool. uncheck the box so that only matching features are kept, then export.

CameronCole1
New Contributor III

Ok I unchecked the box and when I used the copy features tool in model builder I still got all of the features to come through in the copy not just the ones that have joins to them. Is there another tool to do an export in model builder?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If the input is a layer inside of arcmap, then it should work as planned, if the reference is to a file on disk, then all records will be exported

BenjaminMittler

Try using the "Make Feature Layer" on the input shapefile before the join. 

0 Kudos