Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract roof form tool-error

02-26-2020 01:37 AM
ArshaAmiranti
Emerging Contributor

Hallo,

I'm using extract roof tool from local government 3D basemaps. During task segment roof, the option for building footprints turn error (have red cross) after I added the elevation surface (DSM).

The error:

ValueError could not convert string to float: '0,200000'

I changed several times the building polygon with others but it didn't work.

I wonder what's the cause is. Could you please help?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am the developer of the 3D basemap solution. I have a few questions to try and figure out what is going on with your data.

- Which parameter in the Segment Roof Parts gives this error? It seems it is the building footprint parameter. This should be a path to a building footprint featureclass.

- Does it also fail with the sample data?

Regards Gert

0 Kudos
ArshaAmiranti
Emerging Contributor

Halo Gert,

Thank you for your response. Here are the answers:

1. The parameter that gives error is Building Footprints parameter. The input already in feature class and I store it inside LocalGovernmentsScene.gdb. Error shows up after I defined which DSM file that I'm going to use.

The same error message as I attached previously.

2. Yes. it is also fail with the sample data.

Best regards,

Arsha

0 Kudos
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Arsha,

I believe there is an issue with the validation code of this tool.

Could you please test the following?

1. make a copy of your current LOD2Buildings.tbx

2. download the LOD2Buildings.tbx here:

3. replace the old toolbox with the new one

4. load the solution project

See if this solves the problem.

Gert

0 Kudos
ArshaAmiranti
Emerging Contributor

Hi Gert,

I replaced the old toolbox with the latest toolbox you sent me. It still didn't work and give the same error. Does that related with the size of cellsize that I made when generating DSM, nDSM, DTM? Because I generate DSM with cell size under 1m: 0,2m and also tried with 0,5m it gives the same error as well.

Best,

Arsha

0 Kudos
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Arsha,

No the issue has to do with the “,”. It thinks the number is a string due to the comma and that is what I am trying to fix.

My system has decimal points and it is harder to test so I need to simulate this.

Gert

0 Kudos
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Arsha,

I made some more changes to the toolbox validation code.

Could you please test again?

1. download the LOD2Buildings.tbx here:

2. replace the old toolbox with the new one

3. load the solution project

4. right-click on the toolbox and click refresh

Let me know how you go.

Gert

0 Kudos
ArshaAmiranti
Emerging Contributor

Hi Gert,

Indeed the toolbox is not return any issue when I added my 0,2m DSM and building polygon.

But I received an error when I run the tool: 

000576: Script associated with this tool does not exist.

This might be caused by how I put the toolbox and run the toolbox itself. Could you check from the screenshot whether I copied it correctly?

Best regards,

Arsha

0 Kudos
DavidHintner1
Emerging Contributor

Hi, @Gert_van_Maren 

I am also getting error messages from the tool, saying that my tool is not licensed and that I have invalid parameters (I left all the parameters at standard) ...although I have 3D Analyst Extention and Spatial Analyst Extention...that´s all I need right? The roof form extraction tool also worked fine...also there is a error in file name...can someone pls help...in  the photos you see the details...

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Gertvan_Maren1
Regular Contributor

Hi David,

The 3D basemaps solution requires an Advanced license of ArcGIS Pro plus 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst. Do you have an Advanced license?

Thanks Gert

0 Kudos