Innovation & Emerging Technologies in Government: Keys to Success

08-20-2020 06:54 AM
Labels (1)
AdamCarnow
Esri Regular Contributor
0 0 906

Great report here from the IBM Center for The Business of Government - Innovation & Emerging Technologies in Government: Keys to Success

They focus on these emerging technologies:

• Artificial Intelligence
  • Blockchain
  • Hybrid cloud technologies
  • Advanced data management
  • Data analytics

They review examples of 10 innovators:

• General Services Administration
  • Dept of Health & Human Services
  • NOAA
  • Veterans Affairs
  • National Science Foundation
  • USAID
  • Census Bureau
  • State of Utah
  • Sonoma Co., CA

They list these mindsets as keys to success:

• Entrepreneurial
  • Collaborative
  • Adaptive
  • Mastery of emerging technologies
  • Leadership

Innovation and Emerging Technologies in Government: Keys to Success | IBM Center for The Business of... 

About the Author
GIS practitioner for over 25 years. Grew up in Florida. I'm a Community Evangelist. Been at Esri since 2008. BA in Geography and MA in Urban & Regional Planning from University of Florida. Formerly GIS instructor and Planner. Varied background includes applying GIS and related spatial technologies to complex, award-winning projects across the globe in the realms of planning, transportation and environmental sciences. Experience includes the public sector, business and academia. I have achieved certification as an Urban Planner (AICP) and GIS Professional (GISP). I support the Planning and Community Development Team at Esri. This includes development and presentation of hands-on GIS workshops for the American Planning Association’s (APA) annual conference and state APA conferences.