Looking for ArcGIS Pro tool comparable to the K-Nearest Neighbor for proximity analysis

07-11-2022 11:59 AM
MHzzz123
New Contributor

I'm currently creating a workflow from former case studies that employs the use of K-Nearest Neighbors algorithm to determine the distance band or epsilon value for use as input in DBSCAN. The nature of my work requires that I adhere to this methodology, so I have to use it.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a specific tool in ArcGIS Pro's toolbox that uses the K-NN algorithm specifically as proximity search tool based upon a minimum number of feature. The closest I've come to this is using a combination of tools in Model Builder:

• Create Near Table (N=3) -> Table to Table w/Select by Attribute (Near Rank = 1) -> Export Table -> Add Field (To identify duplicates)-> Field Calculator (Duplicates =1) -> Delete all rows which are duplicates

I've also scripted this process outside of ArcGIS Pro in python using SciKit Learn package.

Is there an easier way to do this with an off the shelf tool? Or will I have to create a custom tool using Python and use the script to build the tool in Model Builder?

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.8

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LynneBuie
Esri Contributor

Hi @MHzzz123,

Would the Average Nearest Neighbor tool help at all? If not, would you mind explaining in a little more detail exactly what question you are trying to answer with this workflow?

Thanks

0 Kudos