Load data into feature class through a model

10-01-2012 12:49 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ryanstovern

I am trying to set up a model to export out features out of the parcel fabric and I want to load them into feature classes that represent PLSS Sections, PLSS Townships, Tax Parcel and Owner Parcels. I can not figure out how to load the data in through a model. I can us append but it just gives me the polygons and no attribute data because the feature classes do not have the same schema. This model will run weekly, so my end users will have up to date data.

My current model has a Select to pick the parcel type out of the fabric, delete rows for the PLSS Sections, PLSS Twps, Owner Parcel and Tax Parcel to give me a empty feature class to work with. Right now I am using Append to bring in the spatial data so there is something there but I want to carry over the attribute data as well. I figured using a simple data loader in model builder similar to what is used in the catalog window would be the best bet, but I cannot figure out what to use.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ryan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: j.quinn

Sounds like you just want to use the NO_TEST option for the append.  That way, you can use the Field Mapping section to pick which source fields are mapped to which target fields.  From the help:

If the Schema Type TEST is specified, the schema (field definitions) of the input datasets must match that of the target dataset in order for the features to be appended. If the Schema Type NO_TEST is specified, input dataset schema (field definitions) do not have to match the target dataset. However, any fields from the input datasets that do not match the fields of the target dataset will not be mapped to the target dataset unless the mapping is explicitly set in the Field Map control.
0 Kudos
RyanStovern__GISP
Occasional Contributor
I am currently using the No_Test but I have no option to match fields. I have attached a word doc with what I get.

Thanks,

Ryan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: j.quinn

Can you right click on a field and go to Add Input Field and add the fields manually?
0 Kudos
RyanStovern__GISP
Occasional Contributor
Thanks that worked. Did not know that had to be done.

Thanks,

Ryan
0 Kudos