Iterator with with merge and points to line

08-08-2013 05:28 AM
ConorMoloney
New Contributor III
I have a feature dataset of stops and I want to merge them, one by one, with a feature class and then for each merge use the points to line tool. The model I have built doesn't save each points to line output, instead just seems to save one. How do I save each iteration as a separate feature class?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26574[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Did you try and throw in a "copy feature" for each feature class you would like to save?
0 Kudos
ConorMoloney
New Contributor III
No, I'm a newbie so I didn't know about that. How would I use that and where would I put it in?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Is it, that the feature classes after iterate and after merge are not saved and you would like to save them?
0 Kudos
ConorMoloney
New Contributor III
I'll explain how I want it to work, that might help. In one run I want the iterator to get a feature class from the feature dataset Stops, merge that feature class with the Ped_Stops feature class, take this merged feature class (this can be temporary) and then use the points to line tool (the output from this needs to be saved). So thats one iteration, I want it to do that, and save after points to line, for each iteration of the Stops feature dataset. I hope that is somewhat clear
0 Kudos