How to get vacant parcel data from TAZ, using parcel and TAZ GIS files

01-07-2012 11:44 AM
ShivaniAserkar
New Contributor II
I am developing an alternate urban scenario using modeling and I calculated my developable land and created GIS parcel data for vacant land, also deleted all sensitive lands, including PUDs . Now I have zdata for the counties with TAZ's boundaries, In order to allocate land, need the exact vacant parcels in each TAZ, therefore  I wanted to calculate the vacant parcels in each taz, How can I do that?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
I am developing an alternate urban scenario using modeling and I calculated my developable land and created GIS parcel data for vacant land, also deleted all sensitive lands, including PUDs . Now I have zdata for the counties with TAZ's boundaries, In order to allocate land, need the exact vacant parcels in each TAZ, therefore  I wanted to calculate the vacant parcels in each taz, How can I do that?

Thanks

You should use the Spatial Join tool if there is no common field between the parcels and the TAZs.  If the TAZ is the target you can use the One-to-One option and do summarys of fields from the parcels.  You could alternatively do the One-To-Many option to generate a complete list of all matches and summarize that result, if you needed the full set of records for some other purpose.
0 Kudos