ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression. Failed to execute (ASCII to Raster).

Jump to solution
11-22-2018 02:59 PM
NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

I am trying to use the ASCII to Raster tool in ModelBuilder to convert ASCII files to rasters. I modified the number of columns and the number of rows, so that the rasters match some Landsat data I created. All of the rest of the parameters in the header are correct, including the cell size. The problem is I keep getting this error:

ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
Failed to execute (ASCII to Raster).

Do you know what is wrong?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

> I modified the number of columns and the number of rows, so that the rasters match some Landsat data I created. 

You changed the row and column numbers in the ascii file header? That would invalidate the data and make it unreadable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ASCII to Raster—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

many causes depending on the tool

maybe your nodata value isn't appropriate for your data type

spaces in the file path.

you didn't specify a file extension so an esri grid will be created (many errors associated with that)

many things if you didn't specify a folder location and *.tif file extension to save the raster in

Maybe you should copy the header and part of the first couple of rows.

Also, copy and past the location and raster filename so it can be checked

NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

I do not have any of those problems.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Probably a good idea to file a case with Tech Support then so they can go through their list

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

> I modified the number of columns and the number of rows, so that the rasters match some Landsat data I created. 

You changed the row and column numbers in the ascii file header? That would invalidate the data and make it unreadable.

NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

I already figured that out.

0 Kudos