Dissolve tool for table features

Jump to solution
08-23-2013 09:35 AM
ShikoNjuno
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone know if there is a way to dissolve table rows that have duplicate attributes in one field, by performing a MEAN statistic on another attribute field. The table is created to have just these two fields but there are multiple values for many of other values in the other field.
See below:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26927[/ATTACH]
So what I want to do is essentially truncate the entire table so it has just an average "dbthirdbar" value for each unique MUKEY.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Does anyone know if there is a way to dissolve table rows that have duplicate attributes in one field, by performing a MEAN statistic on another attribute field. The table is created to have just these two fields but there are multiple values for many of other values in the other field.
See below:
So what I want to do is essentially truncate the entire table so it has just an average "dbthirdbar" value for each unique MUKEY.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

Use the Summary Statistics tool.

Alternatively you could right click on the MUKEY field in a table view and use the Summarize context menu item to do the same thing (but more limited than the Summary Statistics tool, so I recommend using Summary Statistics most of the time, since it can deal with multiple field key fields, perform field reordering, and do other statistics that the Summarize tool can't).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
See below:
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

Alternatively you could right click on the MUKEY field in a table view and use the Summarize context menu item to do the same thing (but more limited than the Summary Statistics tool, so I recommend using Summary Statistics most of the time, since it can deal with multiple field key fields, perform field reordering, and do other statistics that the Summarize tool can't).
0 Kudos
ShikoNjuno
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. That worked out great!:)
0 Kudos