Create layer from selection in model builder

Jump to solution
09-10-2014 03:44 AM
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I have two polyline layers, i need to identify features in the input layer which don't share a line segment with selection layer. I'm using select by location and switch selection to achieve this selection. No problems here.

Then I want to create a layer from the selected features and add it to map as a layer (exactly what Create Layer from selected features does). Is there a way I can achieve this in model builder. I need it as a separate layer, so that users can inspect these features and update few attributes.

I don't want to export the selection out as separate feature class. I have tried add to display after selection is done with no luck.

Thanks

Riyas Deen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderNohe1

When you make the output from the MakeFeatureLayer_management tool a parameter, it will automatically be added to the display when it has completed running.  The only drawback to using this would be that the users would then be able to change the layer name once it is added.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexanderNohe1

When you make the output from the MakeFeatureLayer_management tool a parameter, it will automatically be added to the display when it has completed running.  The only drawback to using this would be that the users would then be able to change the layer name once it is added.

RiyasDeen

Hi Alexander,

Thanks that was it.

0 Kudos