Compare shape/geometry

Jump to solution
04-14-2021 12:32 PM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have arcgis pro 2.7.2, arcmap 10.7.1 , sde, sql server, python, etc. How can I find a right tool or script to compare shape / geometry that have been changed from two feature classes?  It is import from the county FC into the city FC. I have seen some tools such as detect feature changes, compare feature, compare area, etc. it is not clear..

For example, it has two fields (folio) (address) but some of them have multiples same folio and addresses. it is difficult to alert what changed. I am thinking possible related shape. is there a way to compare shape/geometry if it changed?  Please advise. Thank you

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That is fine. You should keep the option "Continue Comparison" checked. Else, the tool will stop comparing after the first mismatch is found.

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1618432694554.png

When Has_Error is True, there is a mismatch in that identifier.

When Has_Error is False, there is no mismatch in that identifier.

Think Location

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could use Feature Compare, with appropriate Compare_Type selected (e.g. GEOMETRY_ONLY)

*When comparing Geometry only, the spatial references must match. If the spatial references are different, a miscompare will be reported. If the coordinate system is different for either input, the features will miscompare. This tool does not do projection on the fly.

Think Location
AlexP_
by

@JayantaPoddar  They are both same spatial reference. Please see screenshots. am I doing it correct?

AlexP__0-1618429513457.png

AlexP__1-1618429565408.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks fine. Just define an output compare file (CSV), and Run.

This tool doesn't make any changes to the input features. So don't worry and run it, as many times (making necessary changes to the parameters) as you want. You can open the Output compare file in ArcGIS Pro as well, to check the comparison result.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

@JayantaPoddar After it run, I got a warning. 

Please see screenshot. is this normal?

AlexP__0-1618430296775.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That is fine. You should keep the option "Continue Comparison" checked. Else, the tool will stop comparing after the first mismatch is found.

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1618432694554.png

When Has_Error is True, there is a mismatch in that identifier.

When Has_Error is False, there is no mismatch in that identifier.

Think Location