Re-use Replica Names

Jump to solution
10-03-2017 08:07 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Is there a way to clear the entries (where ever they are) of Replica Names?  Out of the box if you try to re-use a Replica Name (even if you unregister it on both ends) you'll get an error to the effect of 'That name is already in the master database"....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I've run into that if I "Unregister" a replica in Catalog and then try to reuse that replica name in ArcMap prior to closing out Catalog.  If you haven't already, I would try closing out everything to ensure there is no connection to you geodatabase then try it again.

If that doesn't work there might be some orphaned records in your geodatabase.  You can check the GDB_ITEMS table to see if there are any references to the old replica, though I would probably go the Esri support route before touching anything in there!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

You should be able to reuse the Replica name...

Can you elaborate on the message you get when trying to do so...

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sure-  Here's a screen shot when I try to reuse the name Checkout1.  It says the version associated with it still exists, but it gets deleted when you sync the check out with the reconcile and post option.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

And here is the one that squawks about the Replica...

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Take a look at the Versions table in the Database. Most probably you have that version there.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

If you don't set a name, the default (MyCheckOut) gets incremented the next time you try to use it...

0 Kudos
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I've run into that if I "Unregister" a replica in Catalog and then try to reuse that replica name in ArcMap prior to closing out Catalog.  If you haven't already, I would try closing out everything to ensure there is no connection to you geodatabase then try it again.

If that doesn't work there might be some orphaned records in your geodatabase.  You can check the GDB_ITEMS table to see if there are any references to the old replica, though I would probably go the Esri support route before touching anything in there!

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Good catch Leon!  That did it.

asengupta-esristaff‌ - your comment below is spot on; I've been experimenting with a check out replica work flow and managed to write one to a wrong location, hence the version error.

0 Kudos