Select to view content in your preferred language

Create coloring pages with MapMaker

4 weeks ago
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
1 2 184

Have students color a map to demonstrate knowledge, plan a route, design a city, share where they've been or want to go... the possibilities are endless. Start by printing blank maps from MapMaker. Use the Black and White Outline basemap.

In MapMaker, you can choose an area and how much detail to show, then create a PDF or an image of the blank map. Learn how in this story: Print map coloring pages.

Studying places and where they are? Depending on the scale of where you are learning about, label them on a world map, a map of the United States, or even a map of a town or city.

ColoringSheet_World.pngColoringSheet_USA.png

Planning garbage routes for your town, or where you'd add a park? Use a map with your town's roads.

ColoringSheet_Sonoma.png

Making plans for a trip? Use a map of the place you want to explore to plan where you'd like to visit.

ColoringSheet_Paris.png

With a blank map from MapMaker as your canvas, you can create on a map customized for the problem your class is solving. Where will your colored pencils take you?

Tags (3)
2 Comments
About the Author
Our kids need GIS in their problem-solving toolboxes. I'm working to get digital maps into each K-12 classroom and the hands of each child. A long-time Esri employee, I've previously worked on Esri's mobile apps, focused on documentation and best practices. Out of the office I'm a runner often found on the trails or chasing my children.