A 360 VR video tour of the 2023 Esri UC Expo

07-26-2023 07:37 AM
TomBaker
Esri Regular Contributor
5 3 637

If you teach GIS in school or college, especially in Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs, a short walk-through of the Esri Expo will give students an idea of the range of technologies built on or supported by the ArcGIS platform.

Click the image below to launch the YouTube-hosted 360 degree VR video.  Be sure to use the "Gear" icon in the YouTube player to set the Quality to 4K - otherwise the exhibits are too difficult to see.

The video description includes a booth-by-booth listing at times when the camera passes it.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 9.28.04 AM.png

If you are an instructor, consider having each high school or college student experience the video on their own laptop, mobile device, or VR headset.  Some guiding questions may help focus the experience.

• Name five companies
  • Identify at least three different types of companies
  • Identify at least three Esri product booths/areas.
  • Identify where the clusters of people are.
  • Are there organizations that align with your current interests or work?

Lastly, remember that while the expo hall is large, well over 350,000 organizations globally use ArcGIS.  The video shows less than 1% of organizations using GIS.

3 Comments
R__MichaelCousins
New Contributor II

Love it. Thanks for sharing. Was that a GoPro Max? 

For those viewing the video, make sure to change the quality settings up to 4k for better visualization. 

Cheers - Mike

TomBaker
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Michael.  A GoPro. Max would have worked but I used an Insta360 X2.  Great point on the resolution too.  I'll add that to the main post.  

R__MichaelCousins
New Contributor II

Ahh, gotcha. I was trying to figure it out based on the shadow of the unit. Thanks for sharing that. Cheers.