Error Code 499, Token required (security disabled)

06-09-2015 12:56 AM
JesseOvaskainen
New Contributor

I apologise in advance if this is not the right place to ask this question.

My client is having a problem accessing map image in WMS service. Error is "Error Code 499, Token required". The strange thing is that in our other identical test environments we don't have this problem. "Security for GIS services" features are disabled on all environments the same way.

I'm testing the service with a browser using the following url:

http://server:port/arcgis/services/ABC_T/XXX_mxd/MapServer/WMSServer?LAYERS=0%2C1&FORMAT=image%2Fpng...

This returns a PNG image in our other environments but token required error in our production environment.

In the same environment this url returns XML without the error:

http://server:port/arcgis/services/ABC_T/XXX_mxd/MapServer/WMSServer/?service=WMS&request=GetCapabil...

We use ArcGIS 9.3.1.

This is somewhat a serious problem and we can't proceed to production until we resolve this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesseOvaskainen
New Contributor

I just found out that our production environment has a lot more hotfixes (189 vs. 34) installed on its Windows Server 2008 than our other environments which hasn't been updated in couple of years.

Is it possible that some Windows hotfixes are incompatible with our ArcGIS version?

0 Kudos
sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III

did you check the security settings of the service? It could be possible that is set to private which is enabled for only selected users.

0 Kudos
JesseOvaskainen
New Contributor

Yes, the padlock symbol for the service is 'open' and security for GIS services is disabled. Is there something else that I should check?

mxd.JPG

security.JPG

0 Kudos
JesseOvaskainen
New Contributor

Okay, it wasn't caused by the hotfixes. All our environments should now be identical but the one is giving the token required error. If we copy a working virtual machine containing esri to another server, it starts with the token required error after the copy.

0 Kudos